Monday 10 December 2007

Today is International Human Rights Day

It's 11pm and I only just now bothered to open the email I got today from Amnesty International. It turns out its International Human Rights Day.

This September I was enrolled to go to the College of Law, London, and begin my training in law. I want/ed to become a human rights lawyer. Why? Because often I feel so overwhelmed at the oppression and injustice in the world and I thought that having a background in law would help me change it.

Well I made other choices, and good ones, i think. Yet I don't want to stop wanting to make the world more just, to look out for those on the underbelly of what we call 'civilisation'.

Take some time today (be it the 10th of December or not) to think about what you think are the fundamental rights of humans.

What can we do? What can I do?

Maybe this is a small start.

No comments: