Sunday 11 July 2010

Wartime Charm

I've kind of fallen in love with a beautiful little wartime era house up for sale 30 seconds from my folks front door. Complete with high ceilings, picture rail, old tiled fireplaces, retrotastic light features and the garden has a little apple tree (perfect for a tire swing), a blackcurrent bush and rhubarb patch!

Be still my beating heart.

Of course, I haven't even seen inside and I probably can't afford it (the house in Canada sold with relative ease, I still can't bring myself to think about it much). Anyway, tonight I am feeling excitable and unable to sleep. Excitable, even though I had my 3rd unsuccessful cervical sweep today and found out I have a Strep B infection that I could pass on to Mr Bump when he chooses to grace us all with his presence. Hence I will need to have an IV of antibiotics during labour and stay in hospital for 48 hours prior to delivery. Well, the news could have been worse and I have 5 more days till induction date (16th). It's only a matter of time now.
**amendment, I actually think it was my 4th sweep. 4th!**

Here are some lovely things:

2 comments:

maggie may said...

love it all. want it all.
want to come over to our neck of the woods and sell our house? i have dreams of wooded acres for little boys to run around in.

Bryn said...

I didn't dare impose a longer pregnancy sentence on you, so I didn't wish last week that you'd hold on until my b-day, but it's only 2 days a way now, so hold on Mr. Bump! 2 more days, that's all, then you can make your world debut!

Your little house sounds perfect!